Web Research Activities
1. Search for correspondence between John and Abigail Adams concerning the development of the government and the arguments for and against the political inclusion of women in the new nation.
2. Search for The Federalist Papers and Anti-Federalist Papers. Examine the biographies of the main authors of the papers and determine whether there are any patterns that might help to explain their positions concerning the U.S. Constitution.
3. Search for information on the changes in how senators are selected and how electors for the Electoral College are selected. Note the ways in which elite power is altered based on alterations to these rules.
4. Search for discussions regarding freedom of speech for white supremacist and “alt-right” groups, as well as freedom of speech for those opposing these groups. To what degree should “freedom of speech” protections apply?
5. Search for examples of current revolutionary efforts throughout the world and determine similarities and differences regarding those political causes, as compared to the grievances listed by the founders.