- Any registrant found to be intentionally misusing the website will have their access to the website revoked.
- Registrants must protect their usernames and passwords from unauthorized use.
- Registrants are not to use rude or inappropriate words as part of their names.
Oxford University Press collects anonymous information about registrants and the activities of registrants on the website. This information is not linked to the name or profile of a user. This information is used to assist us in enhancing our products and services; the information remains anonymous at all times.
By using the website, registrants grant Oxford University Press the right to use this anonymous information for its own purposes, such as the preparation of reports, provided Oxford University Press otherwise complies with its obligations for the use of personal information.
Ownership of content on the site
- The materials displayed on the ARC website, including without limitation all information, text, materials, audio, video, graphics, software, tools, advertisements, names, logos and trade marks on the website are protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property laws unless expressly indicated otherwise.
Access to the Site
- You may view the website using your web browser and save an electronic copy of materials or resources when such an option is made available through the functionality offered on the website.
- You must not access or use the website or its contents in any manner or for any purpose which:
- Is illegal or prohibited by any laws in the jurisdiction of England and Wales;
- Violates Oxford University Press’ rights in any way; or
- You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing the website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system. Oxford University Press does not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your own computer system or data which arises in connection with your access to the ARC website.
- You must not use the website or its contents for commercial purposes without first obtaining Oxford University Press’ express written consent.
Disclaimer and limitation of liability
- Although we have no reason to believe that any information contained in this website is inaccurate, we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information, nor do we undertake to keep this website updated at all times.
- We do not accept responsibility for loss suffered as a result of your reliance on the accuracy or currency of information contained in this website or its contents. We and our directors, officers, agents, employees and contractors do not guarantee or warrant the website will be uninterrupted, without delay, error-free, omission-free or free of viruses. The content is provided “as is” without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including as to accuracy, timeliness and completeness.
- Neither we nor our directors, officers, agents, employees or contractors will be liable for any loss or damage, however arising (whether in negligence or otherwise), in connection with your access, the content or any omissions from the content, except where liability is made non-excludable by legislation.
You must indemnify us and our directors, officers, agents, employees and contractors and keep us and all of them indemnified, against all loss, actions, proceedings, costs, expenses (including legal fees), claims and damages arising from:
- Any breach by you of the Terms and Conditions; or
- Reliance by you on any information obtained through the website; or
- Your Access to the website.
Copyright in this website (including text, materials, audio, video, graphics, software, tools, advertisements, names, logos and software) is owned or licensed by Oxford University Press. Unless expressly authorized by these General Conditions, you may not in any form or by any means:
- Adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this website or its contents; or
- Commercialize any information, products or services obtained from any part of this website or its contents.
- Except where otherwise specified, any word or device to which the ™ or ® symbol is attached, is a trade mark in which we claim proprietary rights. Oxford University Press also asserts all our trade mark rights under the common law or otherwise.
- If you use any of our trade marks in reference to our activities, products or services, you must include a statement attributing that trade mark to us. You must not use any of our trade marks:
- In or as the whole or part of your own trade marks;
- In connection with activities, products or services which are not ours;
- In a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive; or,
- In a manner that disparages us or our information, products or services.
Advertising and links to other web sites
- At times, the website may contain links to third party sites. Third party sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the content of any third party site. Oxford University Press provides these links to you as convenience only, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the third party site by us or by our directors, officers, agents, employees and contractors.
- Neither we nor our directors, officers, agents, employees and contractors give any representation or warranty as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of any third party site, nor do we or they accept any responsibility arising in any way (including negligence) for errors in, or omissions from any third party site.