1. What point is Nagel trying to make with the bat example? How does the nature of subjective experience count against reductive theories of mind?
2. Why does Searle say that strong AI is false?
3. What is the Chinese room thought experiment? What does it purport to show about strong AI?
4. What is the identity theory? Is it an adequate solution to the mind-body problem? Why or why not?
5. What is substance dualism? Why do many philosophers think it is an inadequate theory of mind? Do you agree with them? Why or why not?