1. What is the chief difference between utilitarianism and Kant’s ethics? Do you think one of these theories is clearly inferior to the other? Do they each represent part of the truth about morality? Explain.
2. How does cultural relativism imply infallibility, the unlikelihood of disagreement, and the impossibility of moral progress?
3. Do you believe utilitarianism conflicts with our considered judgments about rights? Why or why not?
4. What is the divine command theory? Do you think it’s a good moral theory? Why or why not?
5. What is the empirical theory known as psychological egoism? Explain why you think it is or is not a good explanation of human behavior.