1. Consider the concept of federalism. How has the relationship between the national and state governments evolved over time? Provide examples.
2. Describe the process of devolution and how it has taken place in the United States. Provide two examples.
3. Discuss the limitations the Constitution places on the states. In what ways are relationships between states regulated?
4. In terms of current American politics, which level of government is most powerful compared to the other two (national, state, and local)? Which is the least powerful? Provide examples to support your response.
5. Why does it matter that Maricopa County, Arizona, significantly decreased the number of voting sites in 2016 as compared to 2012? What was the effect of this change, and how does this work in the context of federalism?