1. Discuss the processes of engaging in survey research. Examine the purposes of this research and the aspects that bolster and threaten this research.
2. Discuss the importance of public opinion to the American political system. Be sure to incorporate the political processes as well as the three branches of government.
3. Explain the concept of political socialization. How does it work? To what degree is it influenced by demographics, partisanship, and life experiences?
4. What accounts for the differences in public opinion across different groups of people on various dimensions? Why/how do race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, and region, among other dimensions, influence opinion? Choose at least three of these dimensions to cover within your essay.
5. In what ways do election cycles sway public opinion? Examine how the ideas held by the public at any given moment can influence electoral politics. Provide one example.